Friday, March 22, 2013

Recount Text : Terrible Experience



Terrible Experience

That Saturday morning on December 12 2009, my family and I were getting ready to go to my cousin’s wedding in Jakarta. We were so excited that time. We arrived safely at the church and followed the ceremony. Then suddenly, my mom got a phone call from my aunt. She said that grandpa got sick, he got a heart attack, so my mom and dad went to the hospital in hurry, leaving the wedding ceremony at church. My mom left me and my brother with my other aunt, we followed the ceremony at the church until it’s finished.

I was sitting nicely at the living room in my cousin’s house, waiting the tea ceremony to finish, when suddenly my aunt called me and told me that my grandpa has died. I was shocked. Who’s not? There was a wedding ceremony but in the same time you lost someone you love forever. I was happy for the wedding but I was sad too. I cried loudly after hearing that news. My aunt tried to cheer me, she said that it will bring unluckiness telling a bad news in a wedding, so I tried to stop crying. Everyone’s staring at me, but I don’t care. My brother looked like he didn’t care, but I ignore him. I wanted to see him, but my mom didn’t allow me, she said that I must join the wedding until it’s finished. It’s not easy to smile when all you wanted is to cry. But I tried, and I did it.

I spent that night at my cousin’s house. I went to the grief house on the next day. It was a really unexpected tragedy that time. But I’m sure it’s the best thing for our family. RIP my grandpa, Thomas Eddy Setiawan.

No comments:

Post a Comment